CompanyIt is the largest airline in Russia and one of the oldest ones in the world. Aeroflot develops online services and implements latest technologies in all spheres of its business. The company is a leader in the global air transportation industry by the quality of passenger service.
ChallengeThe challenge was to provide the scalability of the systems during the implementation and further development of the services without changing airline IT-infrastructure. It was made possible by the usage of cloud technologies for upload, storage and data transformation.
SolutionFor Aeroflot Aplana implemented several projects including:
- Aeroflot – Azure Services (development of the system that integrated with Sabre global distribution system and Online Timetable and Online Schedule).
- Aeroflot – Wallet (a service that allows to create, to publish and to regenerate different cards, compatible with the Apple Wallet).
- Retro-SkyTeam (development of services that worked to process the information from Sabre system about mutual bonuses that should be charged for membership of SkyTeam bonus program).
ResultThe short development time, coupled with reduced investment in infrastructure and high scalability had provided overall implementation cost, and other customer benefits:
- One entry-point for all services
- The new functionality that wasn’t available before
- There was no need to change IT-infrastructure
- Ability to add new services and functions without losing scalability
Web Mobile Cloud Multiple Data Sources Data Processing, Verification & Storing Multiple Projects Long Term Relationship